Personality Disorders – Do they exist?
In order to answer the question lets just break this diagnose down:
Personality: the sum total of the psychological, mental, emotional, and social characteristics of an individual.
Disorder: A state of confusion.
So there we have it. If you are diagnosed as having a personality disorder then at some point you are confused about some aspect of self. This may lead on to other diagnoses such as depression, forms of anxiety, OCD etc etc.
Why do we even need a diagnosis in the first place? Simple - To work out what drugs can be prescribed to you. Drugs with side-effects equal to or worse than the problem itself. The problem still exists with drugs it’s just the very essence that makes you so special has been corrupted and you’ll need those drugs for the rest of your life. How many people with depression have you met who are on anti-depressants? Surely if they were on anti-depressants they wouldn’t have depression? Wrong. Anti-depressants have been shown to be only effective in the most severe of cases, around 30% of all those diagnosed with depression, the other 70% might as well take sugar pills. For every 9 studies into the effectiveness of this medication only 1 shows positive results, but the other 8 studies don’t need to be published!
What I’m getting at is that if you are diagnosed with a personality disorder, a regime of pills should be your last resort. Seek professional help, and I mean professional, not medical. Unfortunately mainstream medicine knows very little about how to effectively help you so you’ll need to seek out someone yourself. You weren’t born with a personality disorder, something has happened to put you in a state of confusion and mental/emotional languish and if you were to really think about it you’d probably find an answer as to why. People like me are trained to get to the cause of your problems and deal with it in a safe, effective way, drug free!
So please, never give up, have hope, help is out there. Call me for an informal chat to see how we can help you.
Paul believes hypnosis is empowering and life-changing. Look around the website and get in touch should you have any queries